Detroit Furnace Repair
Reliable Furnace Repair Services in Detroit, MI
Winter in the Detroit area can be fiercely cold, and that makes having a reliable and dependable source of heat something that’s extremely important for homeowners. It also means that when your furnace gives out on you, you need someone who can come to you quickly and get it fixed. Being without heat for an extended period of time is not only frustrating, but could jeopardize your health, your home, and plenty more.
This is why you shouldn’t settle when it comes to getting your furnace repaired as soon as possible—when you call Cregger Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, you can trust that we’ll not only get your furnace working again but that you’ll be able to depend on it for a long time going forward. Take a look at our client reviews and see why we are Detroit's most trusted furnace repair specialists!
Helping You With All Your Furnace Issues
At Cregger Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, Inc., no project is too large for us to handle or too small for us to dedicate our utmost attention to. We know that if it concerns you, it concerns us too. It’s this commitment to quality that makes us the name so many customers have trusted their homes to for years, and it’s what motivates us to continue to do our best in every service we provide. We want to earn your business for today, and every day going forward as well!
We can fix any of the following issues your furnace may have, including the following:
- Intermittent/faulty pilot light
- Faulty gas/oil lines
- Bad heating elements
- Broken fan belts
- Faulty blower motors
“Was on time and fixed it within 20 minutes.”Stacey
“Great friendly service!”Mary
“Would definitely recommend Cregger and Ryan.”Sean
“Professional, Great Service”Bob Karl
“"Cannot recommend highly enough"”Catherine
Should you repair or replace your furnace? When your furnace starts to act up, whether it’s due to age, a lack of consistent maintenance, or some unidentified issue, one of the first questions you need to answer is whether it makes more sense to repair or replace the unit entirely. Unfortunately, there’s no set checklist to go through to decide what the right course of action is. In certain cases, two people facing the same exact issue will come to a different conclusion based on their unique situation.
Some things to consider include the cost of repairs. While repairs typically cost considerably less than a replacement, some issues are so severe that the cost of fixing your furnace is far closer to the cost of a new one. In these cases, it may be in your best interest to replace the unit. It is also important to consider the frequency of repairs: Even the best technician can only do so much to patch up an aging furnace. After a certain point, the frequency of repairs could mean that it’s time to take a hard look at what the problems have been and discuss replacing your furnace with your repair technician.
Sometimes, repairing the furnace makes the most sense, while other times, paying to replace the unit is the most cost-effective for you in the long run. The only way to know what the right decision to make is by calling in the professionals to take a look. Below we have included some signs that can help you determine whether you need professional furnace repair
- 1. Your Furnace Is Over 15-30 Years Old
- Furnaces are supposed to last for anywhere from 15-30 years depending on how well-maintained it is. If your unit is on the younger side of that scale, it may be best to repair rather than replace it.
- 2. Your Heating Bill Has Been Steadily Increasing
- Paying close attention to your utility bill year over year is incredibly important as it can signal a serious issue with your heater or air conditioner. If your bill has significantly increased from one year to the next or has been steadily climbing for years, you likely have a problem that needs expert eyes to diagnose.
- 3. Your Furnace Is Making Odd Sounds
- While furnaces, like almost all machines, make noise from time to time, there’s a difference between normal and problematic sounds. If the noises that are coming from your furnace increase in volume, or if you suddenly start to hear new noises like hissing, rattling, clanging, or banging, it’s important to get your unit checked out right away.
- 4. You Are Experiencing Short Cycling
- Is your furnace constantly turning off and on again? If this is happening, it means that you are having short cycling issues. This is a sign that your furnace has an underlying problem that needs to be taken care of. Did you know that short cycling can lead to higher energy bills? This is because it hinders your furnace from efficiently reaching your desired temperature. It also causes wear on your furnace's components, which could potentially lead to other problems.
- 5. Your Pilot Light Is Discolored
- Has your furnace's pilot light turned yellow? This is a sign that you should get your furnace checked. If your pilot light is anything other than burning blue, it typically means that there may be substances on the burners, interfering with safety and operation. For instance, this could be a result of a buildup of rust. Contact our furnace repair experts as soon as you can so that we can get this problem properly inspected and taken care of for you!
What Are The Benefits Of Scheduling A Furnace Repair Service?
The benefits of scheduling a timely furnace repair service include the following:
- An extended lifespan for your furnace system
- More efficient energy consumption will ensure that your furnace is optimizing the way it should
- The prevention of potentially costly damages or repairs
- Improved indoor air quality for you and your loved ones
- An increase in the value of your home
Are you interested in learning more about the many benefits provided by timely furnace repair services? Contact our team of furnace repair pros in Detroit today to acquire more information, or to schedule a furnace inspection.
Schedule Your Furnace Repair Service Today!
Cregger Plumbing, Heating and Cooling is a locally owned and operated company that has proudly served our community for three generations. Those who know us know they can depend on us to get their issue resolved the first time so they can go back to living their life comfortably and stress-free.
We service all makes and models of furnaces, including both gas and oil-burning units, so you can trust that the call to us will be your last to get your issue fixed. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for those issues that need immediate attention! We treat all of our customers with the utmost respect and are always honest, upfront, and friendly throughout your service call, no matter what kind of repair you might need.
Available 24/7 for Emergency Services
0% Financing Through Synchrony & Wisetack
Third Generation Locally-Owned Company
Experienced in Plumbing, Heating & Cooling
Fully Licensed Boiler Experts
Top Rated Company With Over 12,000 Reviews